I'm happy to say we have finally released v1.4 of MVCforum. A
lot of time and effort has gone into this release to try and make
the forums even more usable, and also fix all the bugs that were
reported. Any feedback is very welcome.
Web Platform Installer
Submitted - Awaiting them to publish it (Probably a couple
In this release we concentrated on the
- Responsive Layouts - No more dedicated mobile themes * just
responsive themes using Bootstrap.
- Admin Updated - Updated UI and 95% responsive, ran out of time
to finish a few pages.
- New Dark Theme & Jungle Theme (Now comes with 4 different
- IP address stored per post and displayed to admins
- Option to have Email confirmation on register option (Member
has to click a link in email to confirm account)
- Google login to use username instead of email for forum
- Social media shares to topics added
- Easier to message other members
- Canonical Tags added to topics for SEO
- Updated Markdown Editor
- Main website update (Coming in the next week)
- Updated installer and upgrader - Hopefully handle errors better
and give users more information
- Loads of minor bug fixes and UI
* = Although one little gem is a custom class on the body tag.
If its a desktop machine the body tag will have a class of
'desktop' and if it's a mobile device it will have a class of
'mobile' so you can still make specific changes purely for a mobile
device whatever the screen size.